Some things are just meant to be. Like when you walk into a Goodwill store and spot a table for .99 cents..99 cents!
As per usual, my before picture comes about an hour into the project, but here it is anyway with a coat of paint on the lower part.
So for .99 cents we decide on an ottoman project (a project new to me, strictly trial and error) Cut some plywood to fit the table top. Do this carefully as Coco the Foreman inspects everything.
Measure out where you would like the buttons to go. We decided on 5. Drill holes.
Use adhesive to stick foam to the plywood.
Remove cat from batting and cut a piece larger than foam and fit around it.
To keep the cost down on this experimental project.. I used a drapery panel that was on sale at Walmart for the covering of the ottoman. I ironed it up, and cut it to fit.
Using this little package of contraptions to make covered buttons, proved to be harder than expected.
I tried using a long needle to thread the buttons from one side to the other but that just wasn't going to work. Nothing was long enough. Instead I took a thick gauge wire and stuck it through the wood and foam to the other side and then looped the end and dragged the thread back through. On the underside small buttons were used as stoppers and the thread was tied off.
Wait for daylight.. and take pictures
Don't think I didn't slice into that Panettone as soon as these pictures were taken!
Coco is exhausted!
Hoping for a chance at an awesome coffee bean bag pillow, this post is entered at Funky Junk Donna's Saturday Night Special (here's hoping!) Click HERE to go over and see what's goin' on !